Modularbank is a cloud-native banking platform designed to offer next-generation banking experiences for both retail and business banking. It allows any business to rapidly offer seamless, tailored financial services to their customers.
We believe that the best solutions are developed through teamwork and through sharing and questioning ideas. The culture at Modularbank echoes the ethos of its founders – we pride ourselves in being at the leading edge of banking innovation and for daring to push banking services into the future.
As a rapidly growing startup, we’re scaling our technical project team and we need an experienced Cyber Security Engineer with a can-do attitude to contribute to the success of our product.
Tasks at hand:
- Choosing the right tools and technical solutions for achieving goals
- Helping company to follow and implement best security practices and standards (ISO27001, GDPR)
- Vulnerability and incident monitoring, reporting and management
- Participating in and supporting security audits
- Security testing of the platform
- Developing secure development practices and helping engineers on security related topics
- Working closely with site reliability engineers in guaranteeing cloud security (AWS)
- Conducting and organising security related trainings for the company
- Studies (BA/MA) in the field of IT or technology
- Solid experience working on various domains of cybersecurity
- Hands-on experience with software development practices, CI/CD, DevOps approach and how they impact risk management and compliance
- Knowledge and experience working with cyber security and information security standards and frameworks, such as ISO 27000 series, NIST CSF, PCI-DSS etc. Experience in conducting security assessments, audits etc. is considered an advantage
- Relevant professional certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, CRISC etc.) are considered an advantage
- Scripting or coding experience
- Would be good if you had an experience in cyber security (IT Security Manager, Security Architect, Security Consultant, etc.)
- Previous experience in banking or finance, but if you feel this is something you’d be committed to learn, that’s also fine with us
- Excellent communication skills in English and Estonian
- Challenging, flexible and inspiring startup environment
- Cooperation with international multicultural organizations
- Opportunity to take ownership, get fully involved and design your own field of work
- Freedom to make an impact, within the team and the company
- Opportunity to shape a high-performing company culture
- Highly-talented and youthful team located both in Tallinn and Berlin
- Growth in your career.