Modularbank is a cloud-native banking platform designed to offer next-generation banking experiences for both retail and business banking. It allows any business to rapidly offer seamless, tailored financial services to their customers.
We believe that the best solutions are developed through teamwork and through sharing and questioning ideas. The culture at Modularbank echoes the ethos of its founders – we pride ourselves in being at the leading edge of banking innovation and for daring to push banking services into the future.
As a rapidly growing startup, we’re scaling our technical project team and we need an experienced Head of Legal and Compliance with a can-do attitude to contribute to the success of our product.
Tasks at hand:
- Develop, review, and implement policies, guidelines and initiatives to ensure compliance with local and international laws and regulations in countries where Modularbank operates
- Develop, design, and deliver effective compliance training programs
- Provide counsel, legal opinion and legal interpretation to management and the Board on a wide range of legal and compliance matters
- Lead and conduct investigations on compliance issues
- Oversee the definition and development of corporate compliance activities including the creation of policies, procedures and programs
- Create, review and maintain legal contracts and agreements
- Conduct legal research
- Keep abreast of new laws and regulations in countries where Modularbank operates and lead in the creation and implementation of relevant and necessary action plans
- Conduct regular compliance reviews and audits
- Liaise with regulators and external auditors on all compliance matters
- Develop relevant risk management strategies
- Oversee the drafting, reviewing and approval of all company agreements, including key agreements relating to customers, partnership arrangements, suppliers and vendors, payers, distributors, clinical trials, software and technology licensing, employment and consulting
- Review investor and public communications, and other external documents for legal & compliance completeness and accuracy; making recommendations for appropriate changes/edits
- You have a law degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum 8 years of proven track record in Legal and Compliance
- Strong knowledge of privacy laws, anti-money laundering laws and sanctions; relevant experience in a global setting is preferred
- Proficient in the use of common office applications, communication and collaboration tools
- Familiarity with cloud computing and Software as a Service concepts
- Demonstrated experience in managing, coordinating or developing Compliance programs, preferably related to Anti-Corruption/Anti-Bribery, in terms of evaluating and balancing risks.
- You have a passion for legal problems; you can explain legal concepts to non-lawyers.
- You have experience in partnering with global stakeholders.
- You are self-motivated and can identify and attack work to be done without being instructed.
- You are a problem solver, and can stay calm when problems come your way.
- You are experienced in the field of project finance and/or structured finance and preferably have (basic) knowledge of law beside a solid German / European legal basis;
- You are skilled in negotiating and drafting legal documentation and you are able to deal with customers and counterparties in different jurisdictions.
- Conduct the daily review and compliance approvals for research reports, marketing, advertising etc.
- Excellent communication and good interpersonal skills
- Leadership and conflict management skills
- Playing an essential part in the disruption of Financial Services industry
- Challenging, yet inspiring startup environment
- Working in international multicultural organization
- Build and lead the superior engineering team
- Determine the the direction of the platform development
- Freedom to make an impact, within the team and the company
- Opportunity to shape a high-performing company culture
- Highly-talented and youthful team located both in Tallinn and Berlin
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk!