Modularbank is a cloud-native banking platform designed to offer next-generation banking experiences for both retail and business banking. It allows any business to rapidly offer seamless, tailored financial services to their customers.
We believe that the best solutions are developed through teamwork and through sharing and questioning ideas. The culture at Modularbank echoes the ethos of its founders – we pride ourselves in being at the leading edge of banking innovation and for daring to push banking services into the future.
As a rapidly growing startup, we’re scaling our technical project team in Tallinn and we need a skilled Software Engineer with a can-do attitude to contribute to the success of our product.
Tasks at hand:
- Producing the specifications and writing the code for a long-term, minimum-maintenance product
- Identifying problems, suggesting improvements, presenting and sharing the ideas regarding your solutions
- Supporting and interacting with international customers and vendor partners
- Optimizing existing software for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborating with other team members and internal stakeholders
- Deep diving into banking and its business logic
- At least 6 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Studies (BA/MA) in the field of IT or technology
- Experience in working with cloud environments like AWS
- A solid understanding of Java11+, Spring (Boot), React 16 (with knowledgeable use of ES6 and Hooks)
- Strong knowledge about relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Always thinking about security when building or running solutions
- Experience working with RabbitMQ (or other messaging queues), MyBatis, Camunda (preferred, basic process-engine knowledge is a plus)
- Knowledge of CI/CD and desire to simplify and automate everyday operations
- An organized, results-oriented, creative and change-driving state of mind
- Experience in the banking or Fintech domains
- Excellent communication skills in English and/or Estonian
- Willingness and desire to be a source-of-truth for your colleagues and peers
- Challenging, yet inspiring startup environment
- Cooperation with international multicultural organizations
- Opportunity to take ownership, get fully involved and design your own field of work
- Freedom to make an impact, within the team and the company
- Opportunity to shape a high-performing company culture
- Highly-talented and youthful team located both in Tallinn and Berlin
- Growth in your career. How fast and how high? Depends on you 😉
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk!