Modularbank is a cloud-native banking platform designed to offer next-generation banking experiences for both retail and business banking. It allows any business to rapidly offer seamless, tailored financial services to their customers.
We believe that the best solutions are developed through teamwork and through sharing and questioning ideas. The culture at Modularbank echoes the ethos of its founders – we pride ourselves in being at the leading edge of banking innovation and for daring to push banking services into the future.
As a rapidly growing startup, we’re scaling our technical project team in Tallinn and we need a skilled Software Architect with a can-do attitude to contribute to the success of our product.
Tasks at hand:
- Design, develop and execute technical architecture for Modularbank platform satisfying functional and non-functional requirements.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers.
- Oversee progress of engineers for ensuring consistency with design.
- Write code and design user interfaces that your peers praise for their elegance and add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture, and technology.
- Review code and guarantee it is inline with best practices.
- Maintain relevant documentation describing technical and architecture choices.
- Be passionate about building cross-platform products and solutions that are resilient, secure and scalable to function in a global intensive business environment.
- Experience as a software architect
- Strong understanding of large distributed systems
- 10+ years experience in hands-on engineering
- Experience working in a platform company
- Knowledge of microservices and cloud architecture
- Profound knowledge of different tech stacks like Java, Linux, RabbitMQ and PostgreSQL
- Being able to see the technical big picture together with details
- An organized, results oriented, creative and change-driving state of mind
- Previous experience within Financial Services and/or FinTech startups is a plus!
- High social and personal competence as well as reliability
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Challenging, yet inspiring startup environment
- Cooperation with international multicultural organizations
- Opportunity to take ownership, get fully involved and design your own field of work
- Freedom to make an impact, within the team and the company
- Opportunity to shape a high-performing company culture
- Highly-talented and youthful team located both in Tallinn and Berlin
- Growth in your career.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk!