Modularbank is a cloud-native banking platform designed to offer next-generation banking experiences for both retail and business banking. It allows any business to rapidly offer seamless, tailored financial services to their customers.
We believe that the best solutions are developed through teamwork and through sharing and questioning ideas. The culture at Modularbank echoes the ethos of its founders – we pride ourselves in being at the leading edge of banking innovation and for daring to push banking services into the future.
As a rapidly growing startup, we’re scaling our technical project team and we need an experienced Head of Engineering with a can-do attitude to contribute to the success of our product.
Tasks at hand:
- Ensure Engineering activities are closely aligned with Product Roadmap priorities (in cooperation with CTO and CPO)
- Define and communicate the technology vision and culture (in cooperation with CTO)
- Define the architecture necessary to achieve the scalability, resilience and security needs of the platform (in cooperation with CTO)
- Mentor and guide a team of top-notch engineers across all levels to execute the vision and roadmap by ensuring the best engineering lifecycle practices are followed
- Provide guidance and input to the engineering teams around key design and architecture decisions
- Improve people processes to further build a high-performance engineering culture
- Be responsible for recruiting, leading and coaching the future engineers and engineering team leads
- Actively writing and reviewing code
- 7+ years experience in hands-on engineering
- 5+ years practice in working and leading teams in engineering
- Experience with identifying, evaluating and removing blockers for engineering teams
- Building large distributed systems
- Experience in large-scale product/platform development
- Skilled at developing and scaling teams up
- Extremely experienced with Java
- Know-how to Postgres and RabbiMQ
- Experience in working with cloud environments like AWS
- Experience working with MyBatis, Camunda (preferred, basic process-engine knowledge is a plus)
- An organized, results oriented, creative and change-driving state of mind
- Excellent communication skills in English and/or Estonian
- Playing an essential part in the disruption of Financial Services industry
- Challenging, yet inspiring startup environment
- Working in international multicultural organization
- Build and lead the superior engineering team
- Determine the the direction of the platform development
- Freedom to make an impact, within the team and the company
- Opportunity to shape a high-performing company culture
- Highly-talented and youthful team located both in Tallinn and Berlin
Please send your CV to email@example.com and let’s talk!